Why People choose WordPress to build a WordPress website?
You have decided to create a WordPress website?
Now, what? WordPress is the most papular, easiest, and perfect drag and drop website builder.
If you want to set up a personal or an eCommerce website. It is amazingly easy to set up on a WordPress content management system(CMS). In fact, most people can go from start to finish just about in 30 minutes, without any advanced skill and special training.
Why is WordPress is so papular?
WordPress is simple blogging tool and mixture of various facctors should be taken into account. Its free and open source project with addtiona features thousands of free plugins, themes,widhets , page or post content and many other intresting tools.
Simple guidance for you in wordpress.com vs wordpress.org
WordPress.com and wordpress.org are two types of hosting a WordPress site, with these two methods are the actual host.
WordPress.com provides all tools for a hosted WordPress website. It allows users a platform for getting a site up and running with no coding expertise needed.
WordPress.org is the basic WordPress software files, with a collection of templates in the PHP programming language. It can be modified by any user. It has a huge collection of customizable templates, plugins, themes for additional functionality.
- Get a domain name
- Sign up to hosting provider
- Install WordPress
- Choose a theme
- Add unique content
- Customize your site
- Install plugins
- How to use WordPress: conclusion
Step 1: Get a Domain Name
What is a domain name? How can I select a domain name?
Let’s now domain name is the first thing for starting a website. It’s your website name or address, that is used by visitors when they are trying to find your website on the browser.
For example, ilearnitskills.com is a domain name. Every domain name can cost 10$ to 50$ anywhere in the world.
Some tips to help you to select a domain name.
- If you want to create a website for business, the domain name should be matched to your business or company name like yourcompanyname.com
- If you have a plan to start a personal website so yourname.com is best.
- You can use genaric domain name extentions like .com, .org, .net for international visitors. For local visitors you can use .de, .pk, .fr, .ru extanstions.
In short, a good domain name should be
- Brandable_ unique sounding that’s out in the market.
- Easy to memorize and short or understandable.
- Easy to type and hard to mix up spellings for your visitors.
- Including niche related keywords.
Domain name already be taken?
don’t worry, there is more than 300 million different domain registered, but other billion possibilities still available.
Step 2: Get web Hosting and Register a domain
Do you know about web hosting?
Hosting is a service that hosts and stores your website files on a secure server that is always running. Web hosting allows visitors to search your site to read the content. Secure web hosting for new sites usually 3$ to 10$ per month.
Web hosting company where you signup, make sure it has the following features
- Free domain name with SSL ( for security)
- One-click install for WordPress
- Custom email accounts
- unlimited bandwidth ( no traffic limitations)
- Customer support, preferably 24/7 live chat
We recommended using namecheep.com and Bluhost.com for web hosting and domains registrations. They offer free domain registration for the first year. Getting a domain name and hosting from the same company saves you some money and time.
Feel free to contact us for free WordPress website help.
Step 3: set up and installing WordPress website
The setting of a WordPress website is very easy, and your web host mostly does it for you. If you don’t have Namecheap hosting. don’t worry many web hosting providers have “WordPress install”located somewhere in the hosting Cpanel.
If you are trying to set up a web host with one click but it doesn’t work, must try to set up WordPress manually. In Bluehost
- Login to your Bluehost account
- Click on “my site”, then click on “create site”
- Submit general information about your site, and the WordPress installation starts. It will help on autopilot.
- When setup is done then it will show installation and login details. Carefully saved this information.
After installing WordPress, what you should do next is test if everything works?
open the admin dashboard of the site and log in with your saved database name and password. If it installed correctly you see the basic website like ilearnitskills.com.
If it doesn’t look attractive, don’t worry you will learn soon the changes and design of the website. In WordPress, you can get more themes, plugins, designs, etc.
Verify SSL/ HTTPS settings:
SSL stands for secure socket layer. How much SSL is important and how it works? SSL is a certificate to make sure that your site is secure for visitors. When you install WordPress you must check your site SSL status, for that do these steps,
- Login to your “Bluehost portal”.
- Click on“My site
- Find your site and click on “Manage site”
- Go to the “security Tab”
- Under the “security certificate” you will find your free SSL status.
If you have done everything. you see a lock icon next to your domain name in the browser. It takes a few hours to set up completely, but should not any effect to build your website.
Step 4: How to Set a unique theme on the website?
WordPress has a theme box design package that changes the look of your website. These are changeable and you can switch theme to theme easily. Many free and paid themes are available on the web.
If you want to get free themes, which are most people like, you will get these in the theme directory. All themes are proven with high quality and a large number of users behind them.
How to install a favorite theme?
- Go to your WordPress interface and log in to your site.
- From the sidebar, go to Themes → Add new. In the search box type teme name some suggestions are shown. you can select your theme and click on the install button.
- After the installation process has done. Click on Activate button that will appear in the base on the install button.
- You will see a success message after the completion of activation.
Step 5: Add content on pages of the website
Pages are a sectional part of a website, it’s very hard to imagine a website without any page, is it right? From a technical point of view, the page is a document on the web. but these are important for any website to show your services and branding to visitors.
Pages are easily created on the WordPress website. but before creating pages let’s discuss what pages you should create first. Many websites will find the following pages sectional.
- Home page ___ is the first page of the site that visitors see when they find out your website
- About page___ The page explains what your website about.
- Contact page___ From this page users find contact information and visitors contact you easily.
- Blog page___ Listing with most recent blogs on that page. If you have not planned about blog page you can use this page for your company news and announcements.
- Service page___ If you build a site for business, you can use this page to showcase your services.
- Shop page___ It’s used in e-commerce shops where company place their product and provide the facility to visitors to buy these products.
many pages very similar to the structure. The difference only the content on the page. so, when you learn how to create a page, you will know how to create it all.
Step 6: Customize your WordPress website design and structure
when your website is alive and getting attention from users, It’s time to feel more like selecting your favorite design, customize it and add branding to it. starting with
Select a unique theme____ you can select your domain name deleted themes and your favorite one simple unique theme. You can easily customize this according to your choice.
Add a logo___ most users want to do upload a beautiful logo and it will be displayed in the top left corner of the site. many logos are available but you can create by own. You can add it to your site Go to appearance and click on the labelled upload logo.
WordPress gives you an option to crop the logo, but you can skip it. you can display your brand name and a tagline of your business in the logo. and set the width of the logo.
Which other features are customizable?
Change the website colour and fonts___ You can change the website colour and fonts Go to appearance, here we discuss two points
- Click on “Set colours”
- Most themes defined by the colour scheme and various design schemes.
- Mostly those are the colours of links, text, and background. You can change it via customizer.
- Select any colour to pick off the colour from the colour bar.
- Click publish when you did.
- Change Fonts___ Click on the “customize fonts” on the panel.
- Click on the font you like, you can use individual fonts for heading.
- Click on publish when you have done it.
Add side bar___ You can add sidebar easily for that go to appearance and click on “sidebar/content”. You have three more options no sidebar, a sidebar to left, a sidebar to right. the classic sidebar is the left sidebar for most sites. you can set content width after that click the publish button when you have done.
Add wedgets___wedgets are small content blocks that usually appeared in the sidebar. To add widgets to the sidebar you can drag and drop into the bar area. You can also configure some basic settings of widgets.
Step 7: Install effective plugins
What are plugins?
Plugins is a piece of software that enhances the functionality of the website. They allow adding features to your WordPress website. Many plugins are available and install in the plugin section.
Many famous plugins are toast SEO, WP Super Cache, Google Analytics, Jetpack, Rank math, etc. they allow different functionality on your site.
Step 8: Update WordPress website
WordPress allows the feature of updating the site, in updating not your site stop working. It will update plugins, themes, and your site perfectly.
To check for updates
- Log in to WordPress website dashboard
- Click on the Update option.
- check all the updates under the plugin, theme section, or see in general view.
- You can accept all updates and the theme automatically updated.
Building a website and geting revenew its not a joke. It’s depend on hardwork and on your intrest. In upcoming weeks. I will share more knowldge regarding website series. For any querry please comment here. Have a nice day 🙂